I’ve decided to add a weekly tip blog in order to share some ideas that might be helpful to readers. If you have an idea that you would like to share, feel free to comment. I love hearing from readers.
There are many miracles in the world to be celebrated and, for me, garlic is the most deserving. ~ Leo Buscaglia
• Buy heads that are plump and firm.
• Garlic should not be stored in the refrigerator. The moisture will cause it to mold.
• The easiest way to remove the skins is to place the clove on a cutting surface and whack it with the flat side of a knife. The skin peels off easily.
• One medium clove of garlic equals about ½ teaspoon of minced garlic.
• To mince garlic, you can use a garlic press or you can grate it on a microplane. I find it much easier to clean up with the microplane.
• To remove garlic odor from your hands rub them with a stainless steel item. You can also rub your hands with salt, baking soda or lemon juice. Wash with soap afterward.